2-heptanol Melting Point, Acetone Production Process Flow Diagram, Bromsgrove District Council, U2 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For Lyrics, Marks And Spencer Jobs Harrow, Royalty Lyrics Chris Brown, Cheesecake Factory Salted Caramel Cheesecake, Barred Meaning In Urdu, Coconut Rice In Microwave Rice Cooker, Benefits Of Investing Early, 15 Km Run Average Time, Staples Swivel Chair, Phone Fm Transmitter, Deadly Nightshade Symptoms, Elephant Garlic Seeds For Sale, Romans 12:2 Nkjv, Green Arrow Vs Green Lantern, Mi 10 Ultra Buy, Convert Benzoic Acid To Methyl Benzoate, Kindergarten Japanese Vocabulary, Green Lentil Dahl, Best Place To Bring Up A Family Uk, Artificial Intelligence Companies To Invest In, Ricotta Cheesecake Near Me, Triple Ginger Scones, Deep Writing Prompts About Life, Applesauce Cinnamon Muffins, 4k 144hz Gaming, Air Cooler In Erode, Reaction Of Benzoic Acid With Methanol, 800m Pace Chart, Who Wrote The Songs For Mary Poppins, St Thomas Ontario Population, Walden University Notable Alumni, Catechol Synthesis From Benzene, Fruit Juice Bulk Buy, Where Is Alexstrasza In Bfa, Helena Paparizou Instagram, English Singsing Phonics Story B, How To Get Better Fps In Fortnite Ps4, White Ergonomic Office Chair, Spark Energy Drink, Caramelised Apple And Cinnamon Scones, Is Indium Toxic, Improve Your Writing Meaning In Urdu, A Level Law Notes, Lasagne Or Lasagna, Nike Air Force 1'07 Sneakers In Off White Suede, What Does Lte Mean On Iphone, Bible Stories About Overcoming Obstacles, Nsw Education Minister Announcement, Dorsal And Ventral, Wallpaper Iphone 8, Islam And World Peace, Hokkaido Cookies Recipe, Motorola One Hyper Verizon, Horizon Heavy Whipping Cream Costco, " /> 2-heptanol Melting Point, Acetone Production Process Flow Diagram, Bromsgrove District Council, U2 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For Lyrics, Marks And Spencer Jobs Harrow, Royalty Lyrics Chris Brown, Cheesecake Factory Salted Caramel Cheesecake, Barred Meaning In Urdu, Coconut Rice In Microwave Rice Cooker, Benefits Of Investing Early, 15 Km Run Average Time, Staples Swivel Chair, Phone Fm Transmitter, Deadly Nightshade Symptoms, Elephant Garlic Seeds For Sale, Romans 12:2 Nkjv, Green Arrow Vs Green Lantern, Mi 10 Ultra Buy, Convert Benzoic Acid To Methyl Benzoate, Kindergarten Japanese Vocabulary, Green Lentil Dahl, Best Place To Bring Up A Family Uk, Artificial Intelligence Companies To Invest In, Ricotta Cheesecake Near Me, Triple Ginger Scones, Deep Writing Prompts About Life, Applesauce Cinnamon Muffins, 4k 144hz Gaming, Air Cooler In Erode, Reaction Of Benzoic Acid With Methanol, 800m Pace Chart, Who Wrote The Songs For Mary Poppins, St Thomas Ontario Population, Walden University Notable Alumni, Catechol Synthesis From Benzene, Fruit Juice Bulk Buy, Where Is Alexstrasza In Bfa, Helena Paparizou Instagram, English Singsing Phonics Story B, How To Get Better Fps In Fortnite Ps4, White Ergonomic Office Chair, Spark Energy Drink, Caramelised Apple And Cinnamon Scones, Is Indium Toxic, Improve Your Writing Meaning In Urdu, A Level Law Notes, Lasagne Or Lasagna, Nike Air Force 1'07 Sneakers In Off White Suede, What Does Lte Mean On Iphone, Bible Stories About Overcoming Obstacles, Nsw Education Minister Announcement, Dorsal And Ventral, Wallpaper Iphone 8, Islam And World Peace, Hokkaido Cookies Recipe, Motorola One Hyper Verizon, Horizon Heavy Whipping Cream Costco, " />

It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. He also hopes that they might find dancing, the perfect getaway to the personal problems that afflict them. I lean toward programs with academics for after school activities to improve math but I also love dance, so keep in mind that I give this review with a bit of my own admitted math teacher bias. I should mention that violence is kept to a minimum (no need for it!) It's a lot like Dangerous Minds (starring Michelle Pfeiffer), except your favorite character doesn't get killed off! When an acclaimed ballroom dancer volunteers to teach in the New York public school system, his background first clashes with his students' but together they create a new style of dance. Pierre decides that he wants know more about the lives of the troubled students and feels that he should help them help them. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 15, 2010. 2006 117 min PG-13 Drama, Musical Feature Film. Link your DIRECTV account to Movies Anywhere to enjoy your digital collection in one place. In a meeting with himself and the parents and some teachers, he explains that teaching the kids these forms of dancing which involve boys teaming up with a girl partner, the boys come to respect the girls. This film is based on a true story of a dance teacher, Pierre, who obtains a job teaching dance to multi racial inner city kids that are seen by the system as failing and 'no-hopers'. It has received moderate reviews from critics and viewers, who have given it an IMDb score of 6.6 and a MetaScore of 55. On the surface, the topic of changing lives, helping the troubled youth etc. .I like Senor Banderas and must have watched nearly all of his films but this one ?---well no.This is the second attempt at really trying to enjoy it----well that's enough!!! Peter has the idea that he should introduce to them to ballroom dancing in order to reach the teens. Previously it had been a vicious circle of low self esteem, little self respect, little respect for others, low expectations of themselves and by their teachers or other authority figures. Everyday, the troubled students have to attend detention after school. He stands up against parents, faculty (including the Principal whom you occasionally want to slap silly), and even the kids themselves: showing that they can do and be anything they put their minds too - and teaching some courtesy and manners in a disrespectful and cruel world. It's not saccharine, there are nuances in the characters and the acting is the quality you'd expect with Alfre Woodard and Antonio Banderas. If you like the film, the soundtrack is equally as good, some great tracks on it. Antonio Banderas, an incredibly attractive dance instructor, takes on a group of inner city troublemaker high school kids and transforms Detention into a world of possibilities for the "condemned" youth. It's very loosely based on the real story of Pierre Dulaine and his work with NYC students. I normally enjoy these kinds of movies but feel this one didn't hit the mark it was aiming for. Pierre feels that they are a product of how society has marginalized them, and society has failed to even notice that they are taking away all their opportunities by not giving these kids a true chance to succeed. He witnesses how a problematic teenager (Rock) damages a car that was parked in the street. The tango scene is the best in any film I have seen. I used to teach math and was a guidance counselor before retiring. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 2, 2013, Yes, I liked it very much, even though it's not really my kind of subject matter, but Antonio Banderas absolutely pulls it off, quite perfect in the (true life) role. One was a documentary 2005’s Mad Hot Ballroom the other was 2006’s Take The Lead with Antonio Banderas as Dulaine. No longer are the girls seen as mere sex objects. Reviewed in the United States on September 3, 2020. Take the Lead is available to watch and stream, buy on demand at Amazon, Vudu, Google Play, iTunes, YouTube VOD online. I liked it. There's also some great music, goes with the territory of course. In this story, Pierre Dulaine is a ballroom dancing teacher at an academy. The writers crammed every cliche they could find into the characterization and plot.

2-heptanol Melting Point, Acetone Production Process Flow Diagram, Bromsgrove District Council, U2 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For Lyrics, Marks And Spencer Jobs Harrow, Royalty Lyrics Chris Brown, Cheesecake Factory Salted Caramel Cheesecake, Barred Meaning In Urdu, Coconut Rice In Microwave Rice Cooker, Benefits Of Investing Early, 15 Km Run Average Time, Staples Swivel Chair, Phone Fm Transmitter, Deadly Nightshade Symptoms, Elephant Garlic Seeds For Sale, Romans 12:2 Nkjv, Green Arrow Vs Green Lantern, Mi 10 Ultra Buy, Convert Benzoic Acid To Methyl Benzoate, Kindergarten Japanese Vocabulary, Green Lentil Dahl, Best Place To Bring Up A Family Uk, Artificial Intelligence Companies To Invest In, Ricotta Cheesecake Near Me, Triple Ginger Scones, Deep Writing Prompts About Life, Applesauce Cinnamon Muffins, 4k 144hz Gaming, Air Cooler In Erode, Reaction Of Benzoic Acid With Methanol, 800m Pace Chart, Who Wrote The Songs For Mary Poppins, St Thomas Ontario Population, Walden University Notable Alumni, Catechol Synthesis From Benzene, Fruit Juice Bulk Buy, Where Is Alexstrasza In Bfa, Helena Paparizou Instagram, English Singsing Phonics Story B, How To Get Better Fps In Fortnite Ps4, White Ergonomic Office Chair, Spark Energy Drink, Caramelised Apple And Cinnamon Scones, Is Indium Toxic, Improve Your Writing Meaning In Urdu, A Level Law Notes, Lasagne Or Lasagna, Nike Air Force 1'07 Sneakers In Off White Suede, What Does Lte Mean On Iphone, Bible Stories About Overcoming Obstacles, Nsw Education Minister Announcement, Dorsal And Ventral, Wallpaper Iphone 8, Islam And World Peace, Hokkaido Cookies Recipe, Motorola One Hyper Verizon, Horizon Heavy Whipping Cream Costco,