What Does Cerner Do, China Pork Price Graph, Blue Swimmer Crab Species, Little Thai Seattle, Benchmade Bugout Ranger Green Review, Church Of Epiphany, Brick, Nj, Use Of Has And Have For Class 1, Coconut Brown Rice Pressure Cooker, Jamaican Lamb Stew With Dumplings, Longitudinal Meaning In Malayalam, Windsor Club Apartments, Wizard Of Oz Red Slippers Trick, Statuettes Meaning In Malayalam, Ya Allah In Urdu, Royal County Down The Open, Software Engineering Degree Online, Gurmeet Choudhary Twins, Secret Slayers Box, Higher Grade Highlands, Minecraft Biomes Seeds, Gender Inequality In The Workplace Promotions, Milk Chocolate Calories Per Ounce, Chinese Antiques Auction, Cannondale F-si Alloy 2016, Bible Verses About Direction And Guidance Kjv, Invariance Principle Economics, Mirabai Of Woodstock, Romans 12:6-8 Nasb, " /> What Does Cerner Do, China Pork Price Graph, Blue Swimmer Crab Species, Little Thai Seattle, Benchmade Bugout Ranger Green Review, Church Of Epiphany, Brick, Nj, Use Of Has And Have For Class 1, Coconut Brown Rice Pressure Cooker, Jamaican Lamb Stew With Dumplings, Longitudinal Meaning In Malayalam, Windsor Club Apartments, Wizard Of Oz Red Slippers Trick, Statuettes Meaning In Malayalam, Ya Allah In Urdu, Royal County Down The Open, Software Engineering Degree Online, Gurmeet Choudhary Twins, Secret Slayers Box, Higher Grade Highlands, Minecraft Biomes Seeds, Gender Inequality In The Workplace Promotions, Milk Chocolate Calories Per Ounce, Chinese Antiques Auction, Cannondale F-si Alloy 2016, Bible Verses About Direction And Guidance Kjv, Invariance Principle Economics, Mirabai Of Woodstock, Romans 12:6-8 Nasb, " />

I … When I think of one dear little woman who walked out of China with more than100 orphans and marched her way through, trusting God. All He wants is for you and me to be available for Him to do the job. Let your moderation; let your tenderness and understanding and consideration for other believers be evident because the Lord is at hand. Compare, John Gill's Exposition of the Whole Bible, Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible, Robertson's Word Pictures in the New Testament, Greek Testament Critical Exegetical Commentary, Heinrich Meyer's Critical and Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament, Alexander MacLaren's Expositions of Holy Scripture, Justin Edwards' Family Bible New Testament, John Eadie's Commentary on Galatians, Ephesians, Colossians and Philippians, Schaff's Popular Commentary on the New Testament, Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible - Unabridged, Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers, Mitchell's Commentary on Selected New Testament Books. This brings us to verse13, this amazing verse which so many Christians can quote but know so little about: How could Paul stand and have peace when he was suffering and in need, when he was in persecution? “Have power, be competent; be able” (Jackson p. 87). Once he got his eyes on the Savior, on His resources, then he could say verse13. Read in chapter four, the first13verses, where he talks about standing fast in the Lord, being of the same mind, rejoicing in the Lord. He understands all about us and our circumstances. “I have the power to face all conditions of life. It is wrong to insert an infinitive between ἰσχύω and πάντα, for πάντα is the accusative of object, as in Galatians 5:6, James 5:16, in which places τι and πολύ are similarly employed with πάντα. Eadie well remarks, “This ability came not from his commission as an apostle, but from his faith as a saint. I can do all things in him that strengtheneth me. If you look at yourself, and if I look at myself, we'll do nothing. 13.I can do all things—St. Just todayjust today. Madvig, § 27. Whatever his circumstances were, it didn't affect this fact that he was enjoying the peace of God; that he was rejoicing in the Savior. Because of Christ (verse13). Philippians 4:13. . He has thanked God for their generosity, that they will be rewarded for their selfless act toward him. Philippians 4:13, NLT: "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." In fact, we might become jealous or envious when we see what they do. Where unassisted humanity should sink and be vanquished, he should prove his wondrous superiority. The strengthening available to Paul is also available to all Christians. "The secret of Paul"s independence was his dependence upon Another. (Philippians 4:13.) I wish we had time to go into that little verse. So ‘not I, but the grace of God which was with me.’ To Timothy (1 Timothy 1:12) he speaks of this power as specially given for the ministry of the Gospel. Oh, that we might believe it, that we might realize that all the power and resources of an infinite God are at your disposal and my disposal. This is what Paul is talking about. But the universal extension of the maxim beyond the immediate occasion and context is not inadmissible. After saying that he had learned contentment under every condition, and telling that he had known so many varieties and extremes of condition-it being implied that he was uninfluenced by any of them-he adds, in earnest and final summation-Not these alone, but all things I can do in Him strengthening me. If you're looking at your circumstances, remember that Paul had to learn something from experience, that in whatever state he was therewith to be content. You talk about Hudson Taylor of China. Mark this down, true happiness, contentment, and peace cannot be found in a life that is being lived for self (Matthew 16:24-25). Richardson gives an instance from old English —“clasping their legges together, they inforce themselves with strength.” The rendering of the Vulgate employs a verb from the same root-qui me confortat. Through His revelation, God has given us every incentive to fully place our trust in Him (John 3:16; Romans 5:6-8; Romans 8:32; Galatians 2:20; 1 Peter 2:6; James 4:8), regardless of the external happenings around us. . 16:12, .— must be omitted. 12:10). It is a rare word. We're trying to dodge our responsibility. Cf.Ephesians 6:10, ; Jud. What about today? "All things" in the context included being content with little or much materially, but Christ can enable His children to do much more than this (cf. But He's my confidence. Be content because we can do all things through Christ. The subtlety of our present generation, the trickery of Satan, the coldness and indifference of people to the Savior, the lukewarmness of many professing Christians, the bickering and fighting among believers—you say, how can a man live under such circumstances? By the effects of His wondrous life. 13. "I can do all things," he writes. After special instances, he declares his universal power, yet taking no glory to himself. But my friend, sometimes it may be far harder to live for Christ in the midst of a world that has no place for Him. When he says all things, he means merely those things which belong to his calling. App-98. We have strength to carry on whatever the circumstances, strength to be content when we are even in dire need. strengtheneth, Greek. We in some way have not made Him the object of our affection. but the texts read "Him". (verse13). Paul now passes from knowledge to power. She went through all kinds of circumstances and only God brought them through into Taiwan. Now, the “all things” of Philippians 4:13 certainly does include our successes and the various positive things in life, but the edge on this often-quoted verse is that “all things” also means life’s hardest things: like humiliation, hunger, need, and loss.

What Does Cerner Do, China Pork Price Graph, Blue Swimmer Crab Species, Little Thai Seattle, Benchmade Bugout Ranger Green Review, Church Of Epiphany, Brick, Nj, Use Of Has And Have For Class 1, Coconut Brown Rice Pressure Cooker, Jamaican Lamb Stew With Dumplings, Longitudinal Meaning In Malayalam, Windsor Club Apartments, Wizard Of Oz Red Slippers Trick, Statuettes Meaning In Malayalam, Ya Allah In Urdu, Royal County Down The Open, Software Engineering Degree Online, Gurmeet Choudhary Twins, Secret Slayers Box, Higher Grade Highlands, Minecraft Biomes Seeds, Gender Inequality In The Workplace Promotions, Milk Chocolate Calories Per Ounce, Chinese Antiques Auction, Cannondale F-si Alloy 2016, Bible Verses About Direction And Guidance Kjv, Invariance Principle Economics, Mirabai Of Woodstock, Romans 12:6-8 Nasb,