To make Homemade Tater Tots, you need only 4 to 5 ingredients. The Well Plated Cookbook is now available! NO, THANK YOU. These turned out well! Thanks for this wonderful recipe, Erin :). If you haven’t eaten Tater Tots lately, let me refresh your memory: they are delicious. You definitely need non-sticking spray to keep these from sticking. Tater Tots are pieces of deep-fried grated potatoes and is served as a side dish. What temp should I bake them at and for how long when baking from frozen? Preheat canola oil in your deep fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Great idea to do a poached egg on top of the larger ones! I’m so happy to hear that this recipe was a hit, Jay! I made these today! Generously coat two 24-cup mini muffin tins with nonstick spray, or make the tots in two batches. Say goodbye to that store-bought bag! The kids liked them too! This recipe can easily be halved or doubled. You’ll love knowing exactly what is in the Tater Tots: just potatoes, olive oil, a bit of flour, spices, and any optional additions, like bacon and cheese. They are known for their cylindrical shape and crispy exterior. Your email address will not be published. Thank you for sharing this kind review! Tots can be baked or fried and require basic preparation that is easy to master. Loved this one! Place potatoes in a large bowl and use a light hand to mix with cornstarch, salt, pepper and garlic … Exclusive Member of Mediavine Food, This post may contain affiliate links. This is an excellent recipe. So fun, in fact, that I made a quick video showing these homemade cheesy tots in action. I made it with gluten free flour and dropped small cookie scoops on a sprayed cookie sheet because I don’t have any small muffin tins. STEP THREE: Place mixture in baking dish and top with cheese and a layer of frozen tater tots. Mine came out great! Nice and crispy and delicious! Making tater tots at home eliminates the preservatives and additives in store-bought versions and produces a crisp, crunchy appetizer or side dish with a fluffy interior. Toss some tater tots in the air fryer heat up some salsa con queso and serve with a dollop of sour cream and you have one easy tasty afternoon snack. You do still need to fill the tins and flip the tots halfway through, but clean up is a breeze, especially compared to a messy deep fryer. Let come to room temperature, then bake as directed. Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials. You’ll feel great knowing you are making a better-for-you batch of Tater Tots that far surpasses anything from a frozen bag! Had bacon already cooked so I chopped it and put it back in the fridge while prepping the rest. (For the full tater tot casserole recipe and step-by-step details, see the printable recipe card below) You can make these Tater Tots ahead! Thank you for sharing this kind review! Coat the muffin tin generously with nonstick spray. Bacon and cheese embedded is what did it for me! Place in the freezer until they harden, then transfer to a ziptop bag. Thanks for the recipe. I like to use an olive-oil type nonstick spray for this recipe. I hope you enjoy them! Feel free to use this Tater Tots recipe as a base for a variety of flavors! Frozen tater tots contain stabilizers, preservatives, and undisclosed natural flavors. To expedite the cooking process i used an aluminum baking sheet and layered with a thin layer of potatoes and cooked for 12minutes. Thank you for sharing this kind review, Beverly! The fact that these Tater Tots are not deep fried at any point in the cooking process (unlike frozen tater tots, which are fried before they are frozen) makes these Tater Tots relatively good for you too. They still turned out yummy. These kid-friendly baked tots are so good. It will keep the Tater Tots from sticking and give them a golden exterior. Did not have a mini muffin pan so used full size and on my second batch swapped chopped onion and garlic cooked in bacon fat for the powdered. Follow @wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. Homemade tater tots from scratch, baked the easy way in a mini muffin tin! All of the above is way more of a mess than I’m prepared to handle at home, especially for a side dish or appetizer. I hope you enjoy the recipe if you try it! Whether you need a surprising, gobble-it-up appetizer or a painless way to convince your picky eaters to eat their veggies, these better-for-you Tater Tots will hit the spot. My secrets for making wholesome meals you'll WANT to eat. Unlike frozen tater tots out of a bag, these Tater Tots are made with simple, real ingredients. I had to omit a lot of the ingredients due to food intolerances, but it still tasted fantastic. I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed them! Thank you for sharing this kind review! Store in the refrigerator up to one day in advance. Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with 1 inch of cold water. A slightly longer cook time makes the most delicious difference in both the taste and texture of tater tots. Place potatoes in a pot; add cold water until potatoes are covered by 1 inch. So to anyone looking for the same answer, yes you can use frozen shredded potatoes. Creating homemade versions of foods that are typically highly processed energizes and inspires me (these Jalapeno Poppers are one of my favorite adaptations). Jump to the Homemade Baked Tater Tots Recipe or read on to see how we make them! I used my Cuisinart to grate the potatoes and it was much quicker. about 2 ounces—OK to swap reduced fat, but do not use fat free. My generous amount of olive oil wasn’t enough. I’d try 375 degrees F then see how it goes. Most of the homemade tater tot recipes I found called for cooking the potatoes into a mushy paste, stuffing the paste into a pastry bag, and then piping it onto a baking sheet or into a deep fryer. Scoop the potato mixture into the muffin tins, press it down, then cover the pan with plastic wrap. Tater tots were invented as a practice in up-cycling when the founders of Ore-Ida needed something to do with leftover slivers of cut up potatoes. Had to adjust the cook time a little for the larger ones but turned out perfect as well. Deep frying also defeated the purpose of making Tater Tots from scratch. These tasted wonderful! Drain and let cool for 15 minutes. I’m so happy that you enjoyed it, Maurya! These homemade tater tots are baked, not fried so they are easy. Crispy outside, creamy inside, with cheese and bacon to make them irresistible! Add the olive oil, flour, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Pat the Tater Tots dry with a paper towel to eliminate any ice crystals or water drops. Thank you for the kind comment, Rachael! Thanks for sharing your tips too! Making tater tots at home eliminates the preservatives and additives in store-bought versions and produces a crisp, crunchy appetizer or side dish with a fluffy interior. Required fields are marked *. It doesn t get any easier than this. The Easy Tater Tot Solution: Bake the Tater Tots in a mini muffin tin like this one (<—I love this brand). I thought I would comment after I made the tots! I also took the liberty of making the Tater Tots with cheese, bacon, and chives. LOVE this recipe, thank you so much, Erin! Be sure to watch it below. Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Scrub and peel the potatoes. I'm the author and recipe developer here at wellplated.com and of The Well Plated Cookbook. Bonny, thanks for reporting back! These were very good and easy to make. Thank you for sharing this delightful recipe. I’m so happy you enjoyed this recipe! I love to know what you are making! Don’t boil your potatoes all the way. Gently combine by hand so that the ingredients are as evenly distributed as possible. What’s the best way to reheat the Tater Tots once they are frozen. In addition to a simple cooking method, I also wanted simple ingredients.

White Sangria With Peach Schnapps, Diabetic Biscuits Recipe, Julian Wass Room 104, Present Simple Negative Worksheet, Layers Of The Sun's Atmosphere, Epic Games Launcher Not Installing, Music Contract Lawyer, Slimming World Meal Plan On A Budget, Representation Of Relief In Geography, Wfpb Peanut Butter Cookies, Wallpaper Engine Wallpapersanime, Communities In Tema East, How To Make A Journal Book Out Of Paper, Bromsgrove Council Jobs, Yennai Arindhaal Review, Business Information Technology Pdf, Soy Milk Brands, How To Be A Better Husband And Father, Play Zoombinis Mountain Rescue, Halal Cheese In Canada, Spot Report Army, La Botana Grill Menu, Blueberry Clipart Black And White, Egg Yolk Sauce Pasta, Fairbanks North Star Borough Library, Do Beneficiaries Pay Tax On Pension, Hey Ho Piano, Application Of Discrete Mathematics In Cryptography, 2 Bedroom Cabin With Loft Floor Plans, Samsung Galaxy J5 Price, What Company Owns Riega Foods, How To Cook Pork Belly Slices Quick, Wow Alexstrasza Dragon, Bajaj Avenger Street 220 Ground Clearance, Last Names For Alex, Prada Aftershave Intense, Series 7 License Course, Ricotta Cheese Cheesecake, Sandisk Extreme Microsd 256gb, Ecg Interpretation Made Incredibly Easy Pdf, Quotes About Affection In Relationships, Jerk Slang Meaning In Urdu, Sea Breeze Diagram, Titanium And Niobium Earrings, Thor Vs Aquaman Who Would Win, Kit Manufactured Homes Reviews, Coq Au Vin Slow Cooker Good Housekeeping, Cpk Thai Chicken Pizza Calories, Ephesians 4:32 Kjv, Iodine Rich Foods Vegan, 2020 Topps Heritage High Number, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Altar Of Love, Full Size Fitted Sheet Deep Pocket, Temperature In Alaska In Winter, Herman Miller Aeron Basic Chair, Size B, Carbon, In Loving Memory Of My Husband Poems, Colors That Go With Cream And Brown, Tok Presentation Examples Ppt 10/10, The Sporting Life Jeremy Schaap, Objective Assessment: Introduction To It, Production Of Styrene From Benzene And Ethylene, Hagen-poiseuille Equation Problems, How To Get Sponsored For Series 7, Office Of Aging And Disability Services, Ac Odyssey Fate Of Atlantis: Episode 3 Trophy Guide, Daniel Cross Sas, Bihar Patna Election Date 2020, Viewsonic Xg270qc Review, Hotel Wedding Reception Cost, Ananya Agarwal Instagram, Pre Seed Pitch Deck,