Diabetic Energy Bars Recipes, Properties Of Matter Interactive Games, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Dlc Not Working Ps4, Pace Converter Min/mile To Min/km, Low Calorie Recipes For Weight Loss, Current Public Health Issues In The News, Social Impact Of Sports, Present Continuous Plus Infinitive, Jojoba Oil Vs Avocado Oil For Hair, I Won T Give Up Lennon And Maisy Chords, Nm Human Services Department Albuquerque, Nm, Palm Beach Orthopedic Institute Jobs, Camp Chef 12 Qt Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven, Pollo Saltado Receta, Guided Meditation For Concentration, Weber Genesis Silver A Parts, Grapefruit For Acne, Steam Distillation Lab Report, California Gangster Bikes For Sale, Low Gi Snacks To Buy, Indica-dominant Hybrid Strains, Best Hotdogs Ever, Bajaj Discover 150 Old Model, Seagate Basic Portable Drive 5tb, Mugwort Plant Allergy, Weird Food Creations, Milano Ice Cream Price, Cinnamon Roll Scones Joy Of Baking, Anhui Egg Dumplings, The Sporting Life Jeremy Schaap, English To Karen Speaking Pdf, Assorted Canvas Paint Set By Creatology, How To Brace A Loft Bed, Journal Of Advances In Applied Computational Mathematics Impact Factor, Essential Elements For Band -- Percussion Book 1, Reduction Of Phenol Class 12, Cell Biology Textbook, Majid Michel Children, Bible Verses About Forgiving Yourself, Fancy Pants 2, Believer Lyrics In English, Shambhala Books Pdf, Padma Bhushan Actors List, Jamaican Red Beans And Rice In Rice Cooker, Mandarin Pronunciation App, Uber Pitch Deck 2008, Harlequin Knight W101, Perillo Tours Of Italy, Does Smoking Cigarettes Lower Your Vibration, Living In Cuba, Braised Pork Belly Recipes, Yippee Vs Minno, Halo Mcc Ce Pc Connection Interrupted, Hungry Hobo History, Gibson Guitar Strings, Best Time To Exercise For Anxiety, Steelcase Leap V2 Replacement Seat Cushion, " /> Diabetic Energy Bars Recipes, Properties Of Matter Interactive Games, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Dlc Not Working Ps4, Pace Converter Min/mile To Min/km, Low Calorie Recipes For Weight Loss, Current Public Health Issues In The News, Social Impact Of Sports, Present Continuous Plus Infinitive, Jojoba Oil Vs Avocado Oil For Hair, I Won T Give Up Lennon And Maisy Chords, Nm Human Services Department Albuquerque, Nm, Palm Beach Orthopedic Institute Jobs, Camp Chef 12 Qt Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven, Pollo Saltado Receta, Guided Meditation For Concentration, Weber Genesis Silver A Parts, Grapefruit For Acne, Steam Distillation Lab Report, California Gangster Bikes For Sale, Low Gi Snacks To Buy, Indica-dominant Hybrid Strains, Best Hotdogs Ever, Bajaj Discover 150 Old Model, Seagate Basic Portable Drive 5tb, Mugwort Plant Allergy, Weird Food Creations, Milano Ice Cream Price, Cinnamon Roll Scones Joy Of Baking, Anhui Egg Dumplings, The Sporting Life Jeremy Schaap, English To Karen Speaking Pdf, Assorted Canvas Paint Set By Creatology, How To Brace A Loft Bed, Journal Of Advances In Applied Computational Mathematics Impact Factor, Essential Elements For Band -- Percussion Book 1, Reduction Of Phenol Class 12, Cell Biology Textbook, Majid Michel Children, Bible Verses About Forgiving Yourself, Fancy Pants 2, Believer Lyrics In English, Shambhala Books Pdf, Padma Bhushan Actors List, Jamaican Red Beans And Rice In Rice Cooker, Mandarin Pronunciation App, Uber Pitch Deck 2008, Harlequin Knight W101, Perillo Tours Of Italy, Does Smoking Cigarettes Lower Your Vibration, Living In Cuba, Braised Pork Belly Recipes, Yippee Vs Minno, Halo Mcc Ce Pc Connection Interrupted, Hungry Hobo History, Gibson Guitar Strings, Best Time To Exercise For Anxiety, Steelcase Leap V2 Replacement Seat Cushion, " />

Sound Wow. Reviewed in the United States on August 23, 2017. When they break in, they still have that nice roundwound sound. This is one example where use don't get what you pay for, your get more! This page works best with JavaScript. 3,006 global ratings | 1,520 global reviews, Reviewed in the United States on December 27, 2015. They last a LONG time and sound great! One of my Mustangs is strung through the back and short scale won’t work due to length. I've been upgrading both and experimenting with strings, pickups, etc. It’s a disconcerting experience for me (personally) when I’m playing. There are some complaints about the strings being a bit "sticky" at first. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. The following was written by my husband who uses the bass guitar. I have them now on my 1976 Rickenbacker 4001 (EXL 170 set) and I don't think I'll need to search any further. I have a 35” scale bass so I figured these strings would seem fitting. After I gig with these I will have a better idea of true rating. I bought two sets of these, one for a Fender Squier Modified Jaguar bass and the other for an Epiphone EB-0. Each string has a profoundly comfortable consistency in wrapping and polishing. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I threw DR's Pure Blues on my '57 Goldtop that was setup for D'Addario XL 10's. My favorite flatwounds. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. If you're looking for a virtually new instrument in possibly less-than-perfect packaging, this is a great value. I hated the roundwound strings that came on my P-Bass, they felt so uncomfortable they made me hate my bass. Well, I was wrong and forgot to account that my strings don’t get feed through the bridge but get feed through the backside. However, if one or more items in your cart is less than 1 lb, overweight/ oversized, shipping to a PO box, shipped from the vendor directly, shipped from a store location or if the order is held for credit card verification, it may take up to five days to arrive if you select standard ground shipping method. If so, does that still apply with locking tuners? Sign in to see your saved items. Still on the "out of box" pickups I get a semi almost upright sound but only if I play close towards the neck with the treble raised midway (on a Washburn bass). the DR's felt a little looser . D’Addario Chromes Flatwound Guitar Strings Review – Still using these to this day! D'Addario Electric Bass Strings XL-220 SUPER SOFT GAUGE 40-95 Vintage: Price: $23.00: D'Addario EXL220S XL Nickel Short Scale Electric Bass Strings (40-95) Price: $18.54: 2 Sets of D'Addario EXL165 XL Nickel Custom Light Bass Strings (45-105) Price: $35.99: D'Addario EXL165 XL Nickel Wound Bass, Custom Light, 45-105, Long Scale: Price: $19.99 .but, too many intonation issues . Read on… Review in brief: D’Addario Chromes Flatwound Guitar Strings. Both are good it's just a matter of what tone you are after. Whew I hope that all makes sense. And like some have mentioned, I had to drop the pickup under the E and G because they were outputing more than the rest of the set. XL Strings. All XL bass strings are precision wound on our state-of-the-art, digitally-controlled machines, ensuring each string has excellent intonation, clear fundamentals, and … Take a look at info and pricing for lots of kinds of D’Addario strings here at zZounds.com. I wish somebody would package a set like this, so I wouldn’t have to throw away all those .56 bass strings, but that’s really the only downside I’ve found. The Super Light Gauge took a little getting used to. D’Addario XLs are the standard against which all other strings are measured. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Not the case. I am soooo glad I gave these things a try, love em'. It would be nice to have a lighter gauge. EXL165s are among D'Addario's most popular round-wound, nickel-plated bass strings. D'Addario Electric Bass Strings XL-220 SUPER SOFT GAUGE 40-95 Vintage: Price: $23.00: D'Addario EXL220S XL Nickel Short Scale Electric Bass Strings (40-95) Price: $18.54: 2 Sets of D'Addario EXL165 XL Nickel Custom Light Bass Strings (45-105) Price: $35.99: D'Addario EXL165 XL Nickel Wound Bass, Custom Light, 45-105, Long Scale: Price: $19.99 D’Addario strings, in general, are extremely consistent and extremely reliable. JavaScript is disabled. My other bass is a 1967 Fender Jazz with Ernie Ball Super Slinkys. Again, par for the course for nickel wound roundwounds, they're tough on the fingers especially if you're used to flatwounds. After some neck and bridge setup changes, I am quite pleased with the sound and feel of these. Reviewed in the United States on May 18, 2017. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. EXL165s are among D'Addario's most popular round-wound, nickel-plated bass strings. Plus my guitar frets have no damage or scratches by sliding the strings up and down. In other words I use the very same strings on my Ken Smith as I do my Mustang. I've only been learning bass for about 6 months, and in that time frame, I've tried round wounds, then half rounds and for the past week or so i've had flats on my axe. I like all 6 strings (and 4/5 on my bass strings) to feel like slippery smooth wonders. The company has been trying to innovate the string game with a two-fold process to re-design the way we feel and hear their newest line. These strings are smooth and easy to play. Gauges 45-65-85-105.D'Addario EXL165 XL Nickel Round Wound Bright Electric Bass Strings strings are wound with nickel-plated steel, known for its distinctive bright tone, excellent intonation and reduced fret wear. If you are buying piccolo strings as far as I know there is only long scale and by selecting piccolo and then short scale you are back to regular gauge. Flatwounds have a decidedly warm and smooth feeling to them. Thanks for sharing this article. Other strings sometimes get it right as well but there’s something about them that doesn’t sound right. Mike, I totally agree with all of that. They really feel nice and give me the sound of roundwounds without the feel of roundwounds. See All D'Addario 4 String Sets for Electric Bass, California Transparency In Supply Chains Act, Customs fees and VAT calculated at the time of order confirmation, Guaranteed international shipping prices (no additional fees upon delivery), Covers accidental drops, spills or cracks. I had to wrap-around the bridge, but since I have a short scale the guitar strings were still long enough. Overall, I do like the change from rounds bc flats can fit any genre of music, but rounds do not. Not bad strings, but a bit zingy for my taste; too much treble, and the bass is a little lacking, especially for flats. EXL165s are among D'Addario's most popular round-wound, nickel-plated bass strings. Shop, Hollow & Semi-Hollow The decision to switch to flatwounds came along as most people - I wanted a more upright sound. Transparancy Act, The shipping company will call you to schedule your delivery date and time, Someone will need to be home to receive the package, Be sure you have measured your entryway and have help available to carry the item in. Due to our extended shipping times, we are also extending our return policy. Anyone else relate. Reviewed in the United States on June 18, 2017, OH MY GOD!!!!! Free shipping is available on orders of $25 or more and when you ship to one of our stores. I guess the only thing that would be bonus is if I could get them in colors :-). Made with high carbon steel wire, XL strings are precision wound for unparalleled consistency, maintaining a tone and feel that’s been revered by guitarists since 1974. ..I've found the opposite . I really personally give them a 4 because they're very bright and produce a lot of noise (outside of the note). If you select a different gauge, don't forget that you may have to make adjustments to the intonation, string height, and/or neck relief on your bass or guitar. Reviewed in the United States on October 25, 2016. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for D'Addario ECB81 Chromes Bass Guitar Strings, Light, 45-100, Long Scale at Amazon.com. After lowering the action a little bit, and tweaking the saddle screws for intonation this JBass is almost perfection. Thank you for your comment, Pete! purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of usually ship the same business day. (BTW, some metal guitarists use flatwounds!). They are definitely lighter and sound brighter than the Regular Light Gauge. As an added bonus, I love how these feel while playing. I am soooo glad I gave these things a try. Fender and others make GREAT flatwounds, too… but I have a method and reason for my madness. I've tried Dr. Bass, Rotosounds, Fender, Markleys, etc. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. D'Addario EXL160TP Medium Gauge Nickel Wound Bass Strings XL 50-105... D'Addario EXL160TP Medium Gauge Nickel Wound Bass Strings XL 50-105 Long-Scale, 2 Sets. On one of my Artcores (Punkin), I only use D’Addario Chromes.

Diabetic Energy Bars Recipes, Properties Of Matter Interactive Games, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Dlc Not Working Ps4, Pace Converter Min/mile To Min/km, Low Calorie Recipes For Weight Loss, Current Public Health Issues In The News, Social Impact Of Sports, Present Continuous Plus Infinitive, Jojoba Oil Vs Avocado Oil For Hair, I Won T Give Up Lennon And Maisy Chords, Nm Human Services Department Albuquerque, Nm, Palm Beach Orthopedic Institute Jobs, Camp Chef 12 Qt Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven, Pollo Saltado Receta, Guided Meditation For Concentration, Weber Genesis Silver A Parts, Grapefruit For Acne, Steam Distillation Lab Report, California Gangster Bikes For Sale, Low Gi Snacks To Buy, Indica-dominant Hybrid Strains, Best Hotdogs Ever, Bajaj Discover 150 Old Model, Seagate Basic Portable Drive 5tb, Mugwort Plant Allergy, Weird Food Creations, Milano Ice Cream Price, Cinnamon Roll Scones Joy Of Baking, Anhui Egg Dumplings, The Sporting Life Jeremy Schaap, English To Karen Speaking Pdf, Assorted Canvas Paint Set By Creatology, How To Brace A Loft Bed, Journal Of Advances In Applied Computational Mathematics Impact Factor, Essential Elements For Band -- Percussion Book 1, Reduction Of Phenol Class 12, Cell Biology Textbook, Majid Michel Children, Bible Verses About Forgiving Yourself, Fancy Pants 2, Believer Lyrics In English, Shambhala Books Pdf, Padma Bhushan Actors List, Jamaican Red Beans And Rice In Rice Cooker, Mandarin Pronunciation App, Uber Pitch Deck 2008, Harlequin Knight W101, Perillo Tours Of Italy, Does Smoking Cigarettes Lower Your Vibration, Living In Cuba, Braised Pork Belly Recipes, Yippee Vs Minno, Halo Mcc Ce Pc Connection Interrupted, Hungry Hobo History, Gibson Guitar Strings, Best Time To Exercise For Anxiety, Steelcase Leap V2 Replacement Seat Cushion,